Annie’s Kit Club is reviewed in this article. For Annie’s Hook & Needle Club, I made a color block basket with knitting and crochet options. I made mine with the crochet pattern! Is this subscription kit worth it? We’ll see in this Annie’s Kit Club review!
Table Of Contents
- Their Story
- The Fiber Arts Clubs
- Annie’s Hook & Needle Club
- Knit Block Afghan Block-Of-The-Month Club
- Caring Crochet Kit Club
- Knit Striped Afghan Club
- Crochet Block Afghan Block-Of-The-Month Club
- Love To Knit Kit Club
- Crochet Mandala Afghan Club
- Love To Knit Socks Kit Club
- Crochet Striped Afghan Club
- Moroccan Tile Knit Afghan Club
- Love To Crochet Kit Club
- Moroccan Tile Crochet Afghan Club
- The Other Annie’s Craft Kits
- Business Information
- Which Is Best For You?
It’s fulfilling to create new things. With Annie’s, you can focus on creating. Annie’s kit clubs provide an array of crafting options, each in a monthly Annie’s Club kits subscription designed for crafters of all levels. Get ready-to-go craft kits delivered to your home every month! It’s easy. The company Annie’s is based in the USA and has a talented team of designers, including Lena Skvagerson, committed to bringing you the best crafting experiences.
The Fiber Arts Clubs
Annie’s Hook & Needle Club
It arrived in a soft plastic bag. Annie’s packaging is clever, with the fun “open for inspiration” branding! You know who sent the parcel. When opened, the transparent outer bag made it easy to see what’s inside.
What The Kit Covers
- The Patterns with photos
- 100% Acrylic Worsted Weight Yarn
- (x2 Cool Grey Skeins – For the bottom of the basket)
- (x2 Warm Grey Skeins – For the middle of the basket)
- (x2 White Skeins – For the top and handles of the basket)
What These Craft Clubs Don’t Cover
- A crochet hook (US K or 6.5mm)
- A tapestry needle
- Some stitch markers
(I used a Furls Pisces J/6.0mm hook, so my stitches are smaller. I love Furls Resin Streamline hooks for crocheting. They’re comfortable and stylish. Pisces is a navy blue hook with silver swirls.)
My Review Of What It Was Like Making It
After reading the pattern booklet, I felt confident and excited I could complete the basket. Beginners love this Crochet Color-Block Basket because it only uses three stitches.
- Single Crochet
- Single crochet in the back loop
- Reverse single crochet
If you get stuck, Annie’s offers a stitch guide with helpful pictures and videos. I held two strands of yarn together to make the basket. The kit included two balls of each color. I couldn’t easily work six single crochet stitches into a slip ring (aka the magic loop). I tried many times.
I needed Annie’s video tutorial for additional help, even though there was a picture in the pattern booklet. It was helpful to watch. This was my first time making the magic loop in crochet. After sorting it out, I stitched the bottom of the basket. After the initial frustration, it was easy to finish the rest of the basket walls and handles.
Crocheting the handles was fun. I used single crochet stitches and chain stitches. I reverse crocheted the top edge. The result was lovely.
What I Like About This Hook & Needle Kit Club
- It was soft acrylic yarn
- I liked the white flecks in the cool and warm grays
- The finished basket had an interesting effect
- I followed the pattern easily
- The steps are clear on each page
- I got stuck using the slip ring (magic loop) technique, but the digital stitch guide helped along with videos
- I didn’t run out of yarn
- I like the basket!
- Two strands of yarn created a thick fabric
What I Don’t Like About This Hook & Needle Kit Club
- The slip ring is frustrating. Practice it. Remember to breathe!
- I found knots in the cool gray yarn and white marshmallow yarn. One while making the handle! I tied and trimmed the knot
- In the pattern booklet, there was no link to the Digital Stitch Guide. Find it here. All Annie’s stitch guides are available on this page. This link takes you to the Crochet Stitch Guide.
What You Could Use The Basket For
- A craft project container
- For holding items like baby blankets or the yarn of your new project
- Storing things like toys and other small items
Knit the basket using the pattern again. The booklet includes crochet and knitting instructions. It’s a lovely gift. Choose colors that match the gift recipient’s décor.
Is It Any Good?
I recommend the Hook & Needle Kit Club brand because it has great yarn and fun projects to try. Imagine the time you’d save not having to scroll through Pinterest and patterns! Or picking out yarn and the thrill of waiting for your next kit.
It’s cheaper than buying the materials needed like fabrics needed at your local store, even though you pay shipping fees, and you aren’t locked in for a set period. No minimum commitment for these services either! They’d make great gifts for friends or loved ones like your grandmother.
Each month, it features different projects and yarn arriving like a gift! Annie’s comprehensive tutorials are easy to follow. Join today to make something meaningful!
Irish Fields Aran – Knit Afghan Club
Dive into the cozy world of knitting with intricate cables, delightful twists, and all those gorgeous textures that come together like a patchwork quilt of farmland charm. Embrace the beauty of traditional Aran knitting as you explore each unique block pattern, carrying on a cherished craft. And guess what? Your kit comes with a little extra love – bonus patterns for two adorable throw pillows to create with any yarn you’ve got left.
Caring Crochet Kit Club
What if crochet helped others? All the instructions and yarn you need to make a difference are included in this kit subscription. You can donate your handmade gift to a good cause that could use it.
Knit Striped Afghan Club
Pick from five color themes to knit an afghan of various shades. If you’re a beginner knitter, this is a great way to try your first blanket in bite-sized chunks.
Crochet Block Afghan Block-Of-The-Month Club
The monthly subscription includes yarn, patterns, and online tutorials for making an afghan. You get 11 kits. Kit 1 covers basic stitches. They progress to more complicated stitches. Here are the colors to choose from: Coastal Gray, Lake House, Meadow Lane, Natural Pearl, and Warm Sand.
Crochet Mandala Afghan Club
Make this stunning afghan with all the yarn you need. Patterns, video tutorials, and instructions guide this 10-month series. The first kit comes with yarn, patterns, and a free stitch guide. One downside is you can’t choose the color scheme. It is pretty though.
Crochet Striped Afghan Club
Get all the yarn you need to crochet an afghan, step-by-step instructions and videos. This kit includes yarn and patterns for 3 stripes plus a stitch guide. You’ll make 30 stripes, and learn how to add the border and finish your throw in the final kit. Choose from these pattern versions.
- Christmas Candy
- Cozy Cottage
- Natural Pearl
Learn To Crochet Kit Club
Crochet lovers like this monthly subscription! It includes everything you need for accessories, clothing, or home décor projects! Make a new project every month including a rundown of straightforward instructions without having to decide what to make and where to get the materials. (You need crochet hooks and other tools.)
Moroccan Tile Crochet Afghan Club – Geometric Patterns
Make an Afghan inspired by Moroccan geometric artwork. It’s beautiful! Like their other blanket kits, you make a tile every month. All the squares are put together in the final kit.Select one of these color themes.
- Floating Lanterns
- Midnight Mosaic
- Natural Pearl
- Holiday Spice
The Other Annie’s Craft Kits
Here are their other clubs, and what they’re good for! Everything from painting, beading, cardmaking, and an idea for homemade home décor. Creating something is special, and that’s why a grandmother’s sweater is more valuable than an online purchase.
General Craft Annie’s Kit Clubs
- Christmas Ornament Kit Club – Each month make a festive decoration for your tree!
- Creative Woman Kit Club – Learn to make art prints, a home sign, or a bracelet and expand your skills. Would make a great girls’ night activity
- Farmhouse Style Kit Club – Create a world of trendy accessories, ornaments, and décor items for your home. Everything from totes to baskets!
(Note: None of the above includes basic supplies like glue and scissors. There’s something for everyone in these, so only subscribe if you’re not particular about what you make.)
- Simply Beads Kit Of The Month Club – A monthly jewelry kit with all the beads included! Great for craft stashes
(Children may need supervision from adults. None of these are appropriate for a kindergartener.)
- Creative Girls Club – Great for crafty kids 7-12. Their imagination is their only limit.
- Genius Box Club – A STEM-inspired activity box for kids 7-12. Discover science in a whole new way!
- Young Woodworkers Kit Club – Get your child interested in woodworking with these boxes.
- Cardmaker Kit Of The Month Club – Create 8-10 cards and paper creations with each box of card stock and papers
Fat Quarter Club & Quilting & Sewing
- Charm Pack Club – You’ll receive a monthly pack of fabric swatches (charm packs). Great for baby blankets!
- Daydream Quilt Block-Of-The-Month Club – Every month, make a little of a quilt. You’ll be finished in a year!
- Fabric Strip Pack Club – Collect unique, color-coordinated strips of cotton fabric. The surprise fabric challenges you to step outside your comfort zone
- Fat Quarter Club – These beautiful textile blocks (your own fat quarters) expand your fabric collection monthly. Stop going to fabric stores or your favorite online retailer to add quarter pack to your craft stash
- Holiday Quilters Club – Discover mini quilting projects for every season. Gift them or make them for yourself!
- Holly Jolly Quilt Block-Of-The-Month Club – Make a beautiful quilt in the months before Christmas. Fun on the sewing machine
Any of Annie’s craft kits will show you how much time and patience crafting takes. But they do most of the work! They provide quality materials for all crafts. It’s more fun that way. Annie’s has been in the Muselman family for three generations. They started a printing business in Indiana in 1925 and launched a craft supply line in 1975. They also own other businesses, putting a focus on creativity.
- US Number – (800) 282-6643
- Ships only to the United States and Canada in a few days after ordering
- (Canadian shipment takes 3 – 4 weeks to arrive)
- American deliveries take 6 – 10 business days once shipping add has been processed
- Subscriptions arrive around the same time each month
- Free shipping delivery in the US
- This shop charges $7 to deliver to Canada
- Return any kit within 21 days in its original packaging!
- Annie’s Kit Club credits your original payment method after inspecting and processing your return
- Mail it with your account number, name, and address
Discounts & Promotions
During the holiday season and on Black Friday, they offer discounts on the regular price and deals. Keep an eye out for their emails. Follow them on social media, as they often offer discounts and deals to their followers.
Which Is Best For You?
Hook & Needle Kit Club – It’s great if you love knitting and crocheting and making things with your hands
Annie’s Crochet Club
- Caring Crochet Kit Club – If you enjoy making gifts, joining this option is worthwhile
- Crochet Block Afghan Block-Of-The-Month Club – Need something to keep you busy? Here’s one!
- Crochet Mandala Afghan Club – Are you a fan of mandalas? Check this out
- Crochet Striped Afghan Club – Make a blanket with stripes
- Love To Crochet Kit Club – Take the guesswork out of your crocheting with these easy-to-follow projects, from coasters to something for your next vacation
- Moroccan Tile Crochet Afghan Club – For those who enjoy making colorful blankets
Annie’s Kit Club For Knitting
- Knit Block Afghan Block-Of-The-Month Club – Perfect for beginners who want to make an Afghan
- Knit Striped Afghan Club – For those who wish to improve their blanket-making skills in a relaxed, perfect way with a bit of progress each month
- Love To Knit Kit Club – It’s a great place to begin your knitting journey since your your first order month’s project is simple, so you can work your way up to more challenging projects, from tote bags to clothes
- Love To Knit Socks Kit Club – Enjoy the soothing motion of stitching and the sense of accomplishment when you complete a small project? Here’s one for you
- Moroccan Tile Knit Afghan Club – You can learn new knitting techniques and make a beautifully textured blanket with this one
FAQs About Annie’s Kits
Anything To Be Aware Of? – How Does Annie’s Kit Club Work?
- Tips for using Annie’s Kit Clubs – They don’t combine shipping costs for multiple kits or subscription boxes, so it’s more expensive, but your membership cost remains the same
- When you order, you create an account. Access your digital materials with your email address
- Do you want to update your subscription information? A password is required
- Although it’s expensive, you also get physical materials and a digital project guide
- Within their dashboard, you cannot track your order. Save your tracking email!
- The pricing is unclear. Would you like to join a club? Click “Join” to learn more
- As always, read the reviews before purchasing!
How Do I Cancel?
Follow the cancellation instructions in your Annie’s Kits account. You’ll receive an email confirmation.
Is Annie’s Kit Club Worth It?
The kit may be more expensive than buying the materials, but that’s not the point. Every month, it’s like receiving a gift on your doorstep! It’s a great surprise. It’s popular with customers because of the variety of projects they can do. And that’s not the only reason! Kits can be returned to the store and there is no minimum purchase requirement.
Does My Subscription Auto Renew?
Yes, so keep the pricing details and a reminder somewhere, so you’ll know when to cancel if you only want one month.
How Do I Sign Up?
Follow these steps on Annie’s Kit Club’s website.
- Decide which club you would like to join
- Click “Join Now”
- Add the item to your cart
- Go to the checkout page
- Fill out your shipping information
- Pay for your order
- Await your shipments in the mail!
The choice of your next project can be overwhelming! Annie’s Kit Club is an affordable way to learn new techniques. I’d love to see your projects. Send me a message. Do you subscribe to boxes? What are your favorite brands, sites, or companies? Questions? Post them in the comments.
Read Next – A place to get cheap, quality yarn. Read my guide here.